A week or two late; what's with the DVD rip AND subtitle had been out since before the new year BUT NO MATTER.
And Sunrise trolled me in the first 6 minutes ''orz I was properly going whuuuuuu? where?? whyyyy??? Until Alejandro Corner showed up and Setsuna ended up so GAR he must had switched personality with Graham and THEN I noticed Tieria is a macho black man, Lockon is a megane-kun an-and Allelujah is a cute girl in pink hair ''orz
Thus, I know I'll be in for the ride of my (fandom) life. Thank you Sunrise.
First the AWESOME :
1. MECHA PORN MECHA PORN AND MECHA GOING PEW PEW PEW-ING in EPIC scale all over the universe. THE AMOUNT OF DETAILS <3 And EVERY battle scene just GETS BETTER (Final battle HOMGGGGG SO SHINYYY AND FILLED OF AWESOME GN PEW PEW PEW-ING /not coherent )
2. Kawai Kenji music. The 00 music? Pure WIN. Also, the uber creepy scores for anything ELS makes my skin crawled whoah. It's like Kawai Kenji bathed for days under the Waterfall of Epic just for the music of this movie. EVERY. SCORE. played during battles kept me on my seat (granted, I was lying on my bed, but whatever )
3. Allelujah x Marie. I was going AWWWWWWW over them both so much when they were trekking over in Mongolia. Marie's hair all tied up in a braid is so prettehhhhh <3 <3 <3 (And Alle has MORE LINES than just going MARIE MARIE MARIE so this fangirl is HAPPY )
4. Still on Alle and Marie. This Super Soldier couple is my true OTP of the series whoah. When the ELS were attacking them at the abandoned/assimilated base; it was SO AMAZING to see how the both of them handle the attack. Ladies and gentlemen, this is NOT a pair of character that you'll need to see one saving the other. They both can kick ass EQUALLY .. which brings me to the point, the ELS was targeting Marie more since she has higher level of Quantum Brain Wave (Alle's QBW is a bit messed thanks to his split personality BUT NOW THAT HE SEES MARIE IN DANGER …
5. Alle let Halle TOOK OVER and Hallelujah the Axe Crazy proceed to kick extra terrestrial asses WHILE LOOKING INSANELY HAWT DOING ALL HIS CRAZY ACROBATICS. The last scene where he jumped several feet up escaping the two assimilated vehicles and promptly landed on his ass IS PLAIN AWESOME K??? /okie i shaddap now.
6. O Hay Gundam Dynames! 8D;
7. GRAHAM AKER. GRAHAM FUCKING AKER AND HIS SOULBRAVES SQUAD <3 <3 <3 <3 <33 I realized I'm SO HAMU-BIASED IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. I freaking CHEERED our loud when he did his Graham Special on the ELS WHOOOOO HOMGGG HAMU YOU'RE AWESOME AGAIN AFTER BEING ANNOYING FOR THE WHOLE SEASON 2~~!!!
8. TIERIA ERDE. T-chan was kicking asses with his Raphael Gundam. I was SO HAPPY he came back to life and proceed to collectively kick extraterrestrial asses too. I was half expecting him to yell at the other Meisters for their slack and NOT FIT TO BE GUNDAM MEISTER. Too bad it's short lived. Again. :( But Mileina professing her love for Tieria is soooooooooo adorable! You go, Desu!
9. Name dropping of THE WILDBEAR OF RUSSIA. Gawd Sergei, I missed you. This macho ossan here doesn't hold a candle to your awesomeness. Sobs.
10. Anything with Patrick Colasaur in it. (Also, damn you Patrick for giving me a heart attack at one point! DAMN YOU)
11. Andrei Smirnov. Gawd how I hated his character in season 2. But his line saying "I'm going to protect what my mother and father vowed and fought to protect" before launching off in his mobile suit with a short of the Earth behind him. Beautiful ;A; Also, his death was well done and I felt really really sad for him then.
...now, the NOT SO AWESOME:
1. Setsuna spending most of the movie looking :| and then in coma. I loved his character's growth in season 2 where he was awkwardly trying to connect with people around him. It's kinda sad to see him locking himself up again now that he's a
2. Shaman Descartes. Why hello Sunrise. After heavily promoting this character as a new Innovator and all over magazine and promotion materials and what not; I can't believe his role is this minimal. I was kinda expecting him to at least be some sort of Mid Boss antagonist of the movie OI. Which brings me to another thing..
3. The ELS. These non-humanoid and metallic space aliens. Who just wants to be friends. But assimilating with your flesh. I really have no problem with the way this is handled in the movie (it was BRILLIANT, the CREEP and SCARE factor were over 9000 at times ) but my main gripe is WHY ARE THERE ALIENS IN MY GUNDAM?? :(((( To be fair, it was already heavily hinted in the end of Season 2 with the "Dialogues to come for humanity" BUT STILL :(
4. Gundam 00 Qan[T]. It has to be the most powerful Gundam ever built in the universe and yet it's so sadly underused. Granted, all Setsuna wanted from it wasn't to fight, but as a over budget and high tech communication device..
5. Graham Aker DYING. True, he died in a blazing glory. He died paving way for Setsuna to enter the ELS-planet to communicate at its core. And Graham comes with some of the BEST lines in the movie this time around. Pure redemption for his character from the asshattery in Season 2. BUT I CRIED DAMNIT. HAMU COME BACCCKKKK ;A;
6. The ENDING. Actually i think I'm still a bit bipolar about this. But the sudden ceasefire and then a FLOWER in space? (I understood the meaning behind it all before anyone accused me of being dumb.. I guess my issue is this is related back to No. 3 up there :\ Aliens in my Gundam sobs. This need some time to sink in )
7. Setsuna post-credit. IDKKKKK despite the kid wanted to be GUNDAM ( which is the very embodiment of an icon that can bring peace ) I still think it's a VERY SAD AND LONELY ENDING for him. He tried so hard and worked so hard to right what was wrong .. and in the end; he is not even human anymore despite being able to understand everyone else. Who is there to understand YOU, Setchan? :((((( ( There's Marina, but the ending made everything even more bittersweet waaaaaaahhh :(((( ) And i feel bad for making Setsunator jokes after that, cuz that was EXACTLY what he had became physically sobssss
And then I have to see a picture like this and I go AAAAAAAAAAA SETCHANNNN ;A; all over again "orz
To be honest, I have very mixed feelings about this movie. Maybe because I'd been a long time Gundam fan - and has a certain fixed perception and expectation on how Gundam movie plot should be like. And Gundam 00 : Awakening of the Trailblazer certainly isn't in the usual scope of Gundam-ness for me.
All in all, I think I would love it if it's NOT a Gundam movie.
Also, OHAI! HAPPY 2011 even though I'm 11 days late! (and the first thing I blogged in MONTHS is about Gundam 00. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY, SUNRISE! *shakes fist*